1 cup whole wheat pasta, dry
1 green bean + broccoli meal
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
5 cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp hummus
1 tbsp warm water
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the packet, and set aside.
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes.
- Add the olive oil, green bean + broccoli meal, and cherry tomatoes to a medium pan.
- Place the pan on the stove and turn the stove on to medium heat. Cook until the broccoli + green bean meal is defrosted, stirring occasionally.
- Add the hummus, warm water and lemon juice to the pan. Cook for another minute or so, then add the cooked pasta to the pan. Continue to cook until all the ingredients are warmed through. Serve immediately.
Makes 2 kids servings or 1 adult portion.
WHY IT’S GOOD FOR YOUR TINY HUMAN
Chickpeas are a great source of fiber and protein, with 6g of fiber and 7.5g of protein per ½ cup serving. These versatile legumes are also packed with folate, iron, magnesium and phosphorus, which support functions such as oxygen delivery, bone health, muscle contraction and blood pressure control (among others).
Learn more about Raised Real’s superfood meals for kids here.