*Disclaimer: this hack was provided by Raised Real customer Sarah Choi
2 packs of Raised Real’s Broccoli + Green Bean meal
2 Tbsp Organic White Miso
1 Pack Organic Firm Tofu – cut into 1/2″ cubes
Handful of Organic Baby Spinach Leaves (may cut into slices for smaller babies)
4 Cups of water
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil
- Stir in miso. (To cut down sodium for baby’s food, use less miso than soup for adults.)
- Add Raised Real vegetables and simmer for 4 minutes to cook the broccoli, green beans and chickpeas till soft.
- Add tofu and simmer for 2 minutes. (Do not cover, otherwise tofu will become spongey.)
- Stir in spinach leaves and turn off heat.
I serve a little rice with the soup for my 11 month old. I don’t cut the broccoli or green beans before cooking. When they are soft, it’s easy to cut with a baby spoon while feeding.
WHY I LOVE RR
I love that each RR meal has a mix of vegetables and super foods and they are adoptable to numerous recipes. I often cook one dish that can be shared by me and the baby and I just throw an RR packet into soup, pasta or rice.
WHY I LOVE MISO SOUP
Having grown up in Korea, eating rice with savory soup is a large part of my childhood memory. While I try to give Bean [Sarah’s tiny human] more diverse array of foods to try, it gives me special joy when he also loves my childhood favorites. A pack of miso keeps well in the refrigerator for months and provides mild but savory base for RR veggies, protein-rich tofu and any other vegetables you may have in your fridge. I think it goes especially well with the broccoli-green bean-chickpea RR mix.
Learn more about Raised Real’s superfood meals for kids here.