1 Broccoli + Green Bean meal
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic
½ tsp cumin
¼ tsp cinnamon
⅛ tsp salt
¼ cooked boneless skinless chicken breast
¾ cup diced canned tomatoes
1 cup cooked brown rice
¼ tsp turmeric
1. Finely chop the garlic, and date.
2. Dice the cooked chicken breast into bite-sized pieces
3. Add the garlic and 1 tsp of olive oil to a small-medium frying pan, and place the frying pan on the stove.
4. Turn the stove on to medium heat, and cook the garlic until golden brown.
5. Add the broccoli + green bean meal to the pan, along with the cumin, cinnamon, salt, and finely chopped date. Sauté for another 2-3 minutes until the broccoli + green bean meal no longer appears frozen.
6. Add the chopped chicken breast, and canned tomatoes to the pan. Let the mixture simmer on medium heat for another 5-10 minutes until broccoli + green bean meal is tender. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the stew mixture to cool slightly.
7. In a small mixing bowl, stir together the cooked brown rice, turmeric, and 1 tsp olive oil.
8. Scoop the stew and the rice into two kid-friendly bowls, and serve!
Makes 2 toddler meals or one adult size meal.
WHY IT’S GOOD FOR YOUR TINY HUMAN
Broccoli is part of the cruciferous family, a group of vegetables with anti-inflammatory and cancer-fighting benefits. In addition, broccoli is a rich source of vitamin K and vitamin C which are important for normal blood clotting, bone health, and immunity.